Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Accidents Happen

Today (meaning July 11, not July 12) was a busy one. The original plan was to hit up every 7-11 store in Texas but that didn't quite happen, in fact we only hit up one (I will explain, please stay seated). So the plan was meet up around 1 and go to some 7-11's then go swimming for a few hours then hit up more 7-11's then get dinner and take it to the movie. What did end up happening was meeting up around 2:30 going to one 7-11 then going swimming for an hour then going to get dinner and taking it to the movie then Aviva getting rear ended (that poor girl has definitely lost the driving record contest) then the day ends. So I ended up not being able to meet up until after 2. So Aviva came over and we were going to stop by two 7-11's before swimming but then we wouldn't have enough time to swim and still make the movie so we only went to one 7-11. We got to the pool around 3 and had just under an hour to swim. We each got back home a little after 4 and called in the order of Chicken Flautas and Shwarma. I went to pick it up and it took forever until they got me my food which made no sense since no one else was in the restaurant and I had called it in 30 min before and they said it would only take 15 min. So after what seemed like an eternity I got out of there and called up Aviva and told her I was on my way to the theater. Originally we were going to drive together but there wasn't enough time to get to her place and then get to the theater before the movie started plus we were already behind schedule. So we get to the movie a few minutes late and its a little tiny room since its the dollar theater (as if we are going to pay full price to see a movie when it first comes out, come on u guys) and its all dark and its packed and we cant find seats. So after 5 minutes of just standing there contemplating how we are going to find seats we walk down the aisle (not to get married) and spot some seats and squeeze by a family sitting there and then I drop my phone in the process and the nice kid found it for me (thanks!). So we sit down and eat our dinner and watch the movie (we saw Stick It). An hour and 45 min later the movie ends and we head out to go hit up two 7-11's. So I'm driving in the right lane and Aviva is in the middle lane and we are going down Coit and we're sitting at the light at 15th street and I'm ahead of Aviva and I'm driving along and I notice she is no longer in the lane next to me or behind me or anything and there aren't many cars in the lanes and then my phone rings and it's Aviva and she says "I was just hit" so she tells me where and I turn around ( I had made a U-turn and my wheels made so much noise) and so I pull in to where she and the other drive had pulled into (which I couldn't find and Aviva called me and is like where are you and I'm like where are YOU and she's like oh, I see u, turn in here) and they are both on their phones and exchanging info. Apparently what happened was that at 15th street the light turned green and the person behind Aviva had started to go before Aviva had a chance to and *bam* their cars had merged. Her bumper was cracked and the trunk wouldn't close and ya. Everyone was fine except Aviva thinks she has whiplash. So we drive to Avivas house and her mom checks out the car and they get on the phone with the insurance company and then its getting late which means its going to get dark out and so I must get home because I cant see anything at night and so for some reason my parents wont let me drive then (I just don't get it) so I leave her house and the headache which had started after being out in the sun is really intensifying like the pain is spreading so rapidly in my head that I can feel the explosion of it only seconds away and I don't think I'm going to make the drive home (luckily I was on the phone with Rachel who was keeping me entertained, thanks man!) and then finally I make it home and pop my prescription medicine for my headaches and call it a day. It's really sad because last year I had 5 slurpees (I have yet to hear of anyone beating that record) and I really wanted to surpass that but I only had one. So sad. That is all. Tomorrow the plan is to go shopping since the 3 weeks are going to be starting up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...thats a lotta red

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM