Wednesday, July 05, 2006

3 a.m. Thoughts

I've been working on this art history journal thing since 8 p.m. Time completed 3:20 a.m. I find that to be a little ridiculous. The assignment consisted of going to a museum and writing a description of some artwork there relating to the time period that we have studied in class. Then we had to write up our impression of the piece. Now we could do 20 of those or do 10 of those but also include a comparative analysis of something we learned in class. I chose the 10 and comparison because a) I didn't find 20 pieces at the museum that I could write up a whole shpiel about and b) I would only have to add one paragraph to what I already wrote up about pieces we already discuss in class as opposed to writing 10 new entries each consisting of 2 paragraphs. It just seemed easier to me. Anyways, I had a blessed soul help me with the impressions because I had noooo clue what to write. I have no feelings or thoughts towards artwork. It means nothing to me. I just don't get it. Not that I think art is worthless or anything, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't speak to me. And it doesn't have to. Some people like art, some people like shoes. I like shoes.
In other news, I saw a glimpse of fireworks tonight cuz I wasn't able to go out since I was working on the glorious art journal. My poor puppy was so scared. He gets scared from thunder and so the noise from fireworks really scared him. Now if you're thinking why did we bring him to fireworks you are wrong. They set off fireworks close to our house and so it is heard very well from indoors.
I came to the realization that my eyes are not broken, only one is. I can see just fine outta my right eye, for the most part. Its my left eye thats blurrifying everything. I wasn't allowed to drive today. So when I wanted ice cream my bro drove me, so sweet. I couldn't see well yesterday either but I didn't tell my mom till I was home for the evening, she wasn't too happy bout that. I did the same thing to aviva (am I supposed to highlight her name?) when I had picked her up to take her shopping with me. After she was in the car and we were driving down her street I said btw I cant see anything and we continued on our merry way.
I finally went shopping after being home for 39284789 years. I went up to Nordstrom rack cuz wanted to look at their shoe selection and I must say I was very disappointed. They really didn't have anything at all. And normally they have tons of things even if its nothing I like but this time they just didn't have a selection. But we went to old navy and I got 2 more pairs of flip flops (84 pairs of shoes now, woohoo!) and a zip up and the flag shirt they have every summer (it was on sale for $2.47 as opposed to $5!)
Now in case any of you are wondering why it is I'm posting during the wee hours of the night instead of sleeping it is because I have to write up a report for ethics and I don't want to. So I'm procrastinating. Really I want to go take a shower but I'm too lazy to get up. And I'm actually getting a little annoyed by the fact that the screen I'm staring at is a bit blurry and so I don't wanna stare at it any longer. I think can turn in my report later tomorrow but I kinda want to sleep all afternoon and then stay up all night studying for my finals. But I cant sleep all afternoon cuz I have a stupid doctors appointment for my headache. Everyone else is happy I'm finally seeing a doctor, but I'm not. I hate doctors.
So now I'm coming to the realization that its almost 4 o'clock (even tho the time it says I'm posting this is much earlier but thats cuz the time posted is when I started typing and now when I actually finished). And so with that I'm gonna go... hmm, I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I'll either write up my report now, go shower, or just go to sleep. So long...

4 Comments:

Blogger mirrac said...

if one wears flip flops everyday then they most definitely counts as shoes. and all my flip flops are not from old navy so they are not all flimsy pieces of nothing..

8:11 PM  
Blogger mirrac said...

woohoo ipaytoomuchformyhair (i luv typing that) i think that mir's new name should be ispendallmymoneyonoldnavyflipflopsineverycolor.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO, u r NOT supposed to highlight aviva's name..stop talkin about me on ur blog!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sorry but i believe u have no say in the matter and i believe ur loving every minute of it.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM