Monday, July 03, 2006

RoadTrip!!!

529 miles in 22 hours. My first real roadtrip. It was me, Sara, and Sarah. We drove (well I did all the driving) down to Houston for a wedding. We left a little after 12:30 Thursday June 29, 2006 in the most beautiful red truck. The trip took 4 hours. We took 635 to 75 to 45 to 610. Made only one stop on the way there just to fill up once we used up half a tank. It was amazing as we were driving. I stayed in the left lane for the most part. Sarah said that the left lane is just for passing to which I responded I'm using it to pass everyone up, so there was no issue there. Any car that was in front of me seemed to move out of my way. It was amazing. I'd see them up ahead and could tell they were driving slower than I was and just before I'd have to slow down the car would switch lanes and I'd keep going. I used cruise control for the first time. Kept my speed a little above 80. Now my question is if the speed limit is 70 and the trip is supposed to take 4 hrs and I drove 80 and made it in 4 hrs how long would it have taken if I had driven the correct speed? Does mapquest know that ppl are gonna speed? Anyways, any red truck we passed we had a 'Red Truck Battle' which we won every one of course. Our truck is just waaaay hotter than any other truck out there. As we were driving we saw a police car turn around on the highway by crossing the grassy area between the two sides of the road. So then when the two sides were separated by a forest we wondering how the police car would be able to just cut through so we were on a mission to find the secret passageway. We searched and searched and then victory was ours!! We find the lil gravel passageway! We knew their tricks. Anyways, it was smooth sailing until we got closer to Houston. We were greeted by Sam Houston (it's this huuuuge white statue that's on the side of the highway.) Then traffic started to hit. Once we were on 610 the traffic was awful because of the way they have the merging of highways. Anyways, we got in close to 5 and Kabbalat Panim was at 5:30. We got ready as quick as possible. We left the wedding close to midnight. We werent sure what time to head out in the morning. We wanted to leave early but didn't want to get stuck in any traffic. So we asked what time the traffic starts and it was around 7:30 so we planned to head out 6:30. We woke up at 5:47 and left as scheduled. Didn't hit any traffic. Once we got on the open road we filled up gas. (it was around 2.80 on the road and around 2.95 in the city) I got sooo impatient on the road. It seemed like home was forever away. I kept my speed around 75 on the way back. At one point a sheriff pick up truck had turned around on the way to our side and I was really upset cuz I had to slow down and all I wanted to do was get home. Finally the sheriff passed me up and as it did we saw it said animal control and I was soooo pissed that I had slowed down for no reason at all. At one point a grandma had passed me up on the highway since I was going 75 and not 80 and it didn't make me feel good. But later on she ate my bubbles. We saw the most amazing line on a truck driving back that said 'Silly boys! Trucks are for girls.' The roadtrip was so nice cuz we listened to country for most of the time and at one point the Sara(h)s were singing along with me. How beautiful all of us singing country together. It's so nice that they have converted to my wonderful taste in music. Well we made it home at 10:30. We drove exactly 529 miles cuz we had the trip counter on. In just 22 hours I drove 8 hours, the backs of my legs were killing me, my neck was sore, and I was really tired, but all in all it was a great trip. Now my mom is thinking we should roadtrip to Chicago, I don't know if I have the patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM