Monday, July 03, 2006

live from the sahara desert!

u know when u see pictures of ppl in the desert and they just LOOK parched. like they just have this look of total dehydration and need of water? like u can just feel the heat when u look @ their pictures? that was me 2day. at approximately 1:25pm i left the smelly lab which i was actually a little sad about. see the longer i stay in work the closer to 3:30 it would be and the less time i would have to spend sitting out by the train waiting and waiting and waiting. but alas, i am a nice co-worker and i was the one who asked dr. chen if we could leave early. so at around 2:01pm i was sitting in the total ethiopia weather guzzling my water. then i talked 2 aviva (please not her name here she has complained numerous times that she is unloved.) and then i realized that o wait. i spent the whole morning on the fone maybe i should check my minutes. that was when disaster struck. as of july 1st i had 47 minutes left but its july 3rd and i used my fone a lot. so i really have no minutes left. and then i was so bored bc i had 2 hang up on aviva and then i was chillin w. my broken discman and trying 2 doodle w.o passing out. now its like 2:25. and i am really truly looking like a person in the sahara. so after listening 2 the hoobastank cd for the 1300th time in the past week bc i keep 4getting 2 take it out of my discman, i pull myself up and head towards the soda machine to get a water. now mir might know that the water machine NEVER accepts my dollar bills and i always end up w. soda. but rite now it is SO hot i NEED water. so i pick thru my bag and find 5 quarters. woohoo. as im heading towards the machine 2 ppl pass me and give me a look of pity bc i look so darn humidified. i mean first of all i'm totally red and im wearing an orange shirt. and its super hot so mista fizz is in FULL frizz mode. and im moving slowsly (woohoo slowsly club and mirs profile) w. that dazed tired look. so they sadly inform me that the water isnt cold. and i give them a look and im like...who cares? and then somehow i end up w. a dasani water with RASPBERRY. so first im suuuper angry bc i just assume that its not kosher. but then BAM OU TO THE RESCUE!!! first i see the coca cola sign and THEN as i turn over the bottle in sadness i see a nice little ou on the top so my raspberry nasty syrupy sweet 'water' was my thirst defier. and then the train finally came @ 3:25 after i had sat there for almost 1 1/2 hours. and then i took my first hard core nap on the train. like the type where u wake up and u know that ur mouth was just dangling open. (major high school memory of the first retreat b4 freshman year when rabbi schick took a picture of us in the back of the van and i was so angry bc i was sleeping and looked totally freakish. that was when i drank like 100 diet grapefruit sodas) thats all 4 now. super duper bbq in honor of this wonderful country of vacation days is almost in progress.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do NOT want a pity mention. its like inviting me to your house 4 rosh hashana after i already invited myself and made fun of u 4 not inviting me. o wait, that happened too...

9:57 PM  
Blogger mirrac said...

i realized i mentioned aviva june 28. and to think she didnt even notice, perhaps thats because she never reads the blog...

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM