Thursday, October 05, 2006

Stand By

I know my ability to blog has really gone down the drain since the school year started. (i feel like there should be a but there like i should make up an excuse as to why this is happened but there is none. i'm just stating a fact) And so now i shall share with all our readers what happened a week ago today.
Just after me and aviva arrive at the airport in the sketchiest cab ride ever i go stand by on her flight which is really my flight but not anymore since i had to change it to a later flight when i had switched my flight back in august so i could leave for school 2 days earlier and i couldnt repurchase the flight i was originally on. Now i had checked earlier that day how many seats were available and there were 15 so i was like fine i can get on her flight no problem and i probably wont even have to pay the $25 to secure the seat. woohoo. so we're about to go thru security and the line is realllllly long and aviva starts walking towards the end of the line but its already sometime after 5 and boarding is at 5:55 and there was no way i was gonna wait in that line so aviva is walking to the end of the line and i go up the the airport ppl working at the security line and i'm like um our flight boards at 5:55 and they're like u can go ahead and so then aviva notices that im not with her and starts walking back towards me and we cut everyone in line and go thru security. (ok, so we didnt cut everyone, but we cut most everyone)
so then right before my backpack goes thru the lil scan thing i say to aviva i have a water bottle in there but im too lazy to take it out so i send my backpack thru and aviva goes thru the metal detector ahead of me and the security ppl have already scanned my purple backpack and saw my water bottle and have already called for backpack and ask aviva if the backpack is hers. she says no and i walk thru the detector and im like the backpack is mine. now, im already annoyed at this point for some reason, i dont know y so as they r saying this to me im not being very nice. so the security guy starts to open the wrong part of the backpack and im like the water bottle isnt over there (said again in annoyed voice) and i open the right part and he takes it and says u cant bring this thru here and im like FINE throw it away (annoyed voice) and he throws it away and proceed on our merry way.
then as we walk thru the airport aviva trips ever so gracefully without falling on the ground but hurts her side. i was laughing but felt really bad and was also really impressed that she didnt fall to the ground cuz she had her backpack on and everything.
so then we get to our gate and i go up to the counter to find out about my whole stand by status and that's where i start to freak out. there are only 10 seats left and 14 ppl trying to go stand by and i cant pay my $25 to secure my seat anymore and im 99% sure that i've paid at the gate before to secure my seat and the guy wont let me and all i want to do is go home and i dont get y the guy just wont give me a seat on the plane and poor aviva is stuck with me in such a bad mood cuz i just wanna get home already and i call my mom and im like GET ME HOME! so then finally finally they start calling the stand by ppl and they call out 6 names and i am NOT one of them. and i'm standing there pacing about and aviva has her stuff all ready cuz they are boarding ppl on the plane and this is her flight even tho it was MINE FIRST and the the guy is about to call a name and he pause and i KNOW its my name cuz no one can ever read my name ever and then he SAYS MY NAME and its the most beautiful thing i have ever heard in my life and i take my ticket and the guy says there are only middle seats left (as if i care) and i run over to aviva smiling and she's just laughing at me and i call my family and im like IM COMING HOME!!!!! im not so sure they were that thrilled. so we are on the plane and la la la. so as im getting all settled into my middle seat, 12E, next to a business dude and some older lady. the lady next to me drops a box of medicine and im like ok its just medicine no big deal it could be anything right it doesnt mean she's sick. then i see it as she picks it up and it says FLU on it. FLU. F-L-U. i start to spaz. serious spaz attack. there is no way i am sitting next to her for the next 3 1/2 hours. uh uh. no way. not happening. sick lady can crawl to dallas. i am NOT breathing in her toxic air. i try to stay calm and keep my head turned towards nice business man to the right. i flight is supposed to take off at 6:25 and we depart the gate at 6:21. we're off to a great start. and then.... the pilot comes on. there are 40 planes ahead of us waiting to take off and so we have to wait. now i should have expected this cuz i have yet to fly out of ny on time. so we sit. and we wait. and we sit. and we wait. and time just keeps passing by. and then the pilot comes on again. it seems there are some thunderstorms in the 5 or 6 catergory in our route and so we are waiting for a new route and until then we cant fly out. oh yip-ee. i didnt really want to go home anyways. and so we continue to sit. and we wait. and we sit. and we wait. me and aviva call each other up. i get up and bring her food cuz poor girl had nothing on her. i also brought the food when we went to silversmelly. and then the pilot comes on again. there are no west bound flights leaving the airport right now. they are all stuck cuz of the thunderstorms. I AM NEVER GETTING HOME AND IM STILL STUCK SITTING NEXT TO SICK FLU LADY!!! SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!! 3 and half hours later the pilot comes on and says that in his 20 years of flying this has been his longest delay ever and after i should have already been home we finally take off. sometime after midnight i land in dallas. my dad and sis pick me up and i make sure they bring me dinner. i of course hug them both first and then give my truck a glorious hug and i finally get home around 1 am.
moral of the story:
we should only fly private

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger mirrac said...

dear mir,
i missed ur bloggings..u R funny..but i kno y u dont blog in stern (insert rachel and miriam fighting about it every nite the 1st week..heheh)

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so mir left out a few details, like how she said shes keepin her fone in her pocket while we go thru security check so i was like ok, i will 2, and how she said we dont havta take off our flip flops cuz theyre not real shoes so i go thru and i dont beep but he yells at me to go back and take off my shoes, meanwhile which mir goes thru and beeps, so i go thru again and im like haha, ur fone beeped and mine didnt, so then the security guy yelled at me that i had a fone on me and i dindt tell him and how i needed to go put it thru and how i was so stupid (he dindt say that..but i KNOW he was thinking it) and hten i all like "well if it didnt beep then its clearly not a problem) and then mir had to go back and take off her flip flops and only at that point did we have the whole water bottle issue so basically the security ppl hated us..the end.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM