Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"bye bye 4 security guards"

it all began as an innocent trip to the library. well not so innocent. really it was a trip 2 check out some good old medieval romance 4 me and aviva 2 read...4 class guys sheesh.. newaaays the point is that i was headed out on a journey w. mirs pink ipod (it was so emb 2 have pink flip flops, pink shirt, and pink ipod..)...as i leave brookdale i realize that i left my ID upstairs. however laziness reigned and i didnt bother going back up since after all i live on the 10th floor and thats just far away. so i left 4 the library bouncing along 2 mirs random musics. fast forward like 30 minutes (not that it took that long 2 get there just i had 2 return stuff 2 h+m and old navy since i refuse 2 try things on in the store bc it takes so long) neways back on the farm, as i enter the library i remember that it does matter that i dont have my id bc it has michelle's library card on it which i've been using 2 impersonate her @ the library. but no fear ppls, i have my license w. me. now u may think that u cant get a nypl card w. a maryland license, but i've already been thru that w. aviva and they gave her the library card neways. (please note she had a tx license and not a md license). neways so i find the books and i go 2 the desk and the following conversation begins:

me: hi, i want 2 get a library card but i'm not a ny resident but im in college here
guy: um..do u have nething w. ur ny address on it?
me: well i didnt bring my school id, but that doesnt matter bc it doesnt have an address on it. but when i was here w. my friend 2 weeks ago they gave her a card neways
him: well u're gonna have 2 bring proof of address..u dont have ne mail or nething?
me: um no.. but they gave it 2 my friend neways
him: well clearly some1 wasnt doing their job..u can mail urself a postcard and come back and get a card.
me: but they gave it 2 my friend...
him: im sorry. go talk 2 my manager over there
(meanwhile this other guy is behind me the whole time laughing)

me: hi *explains whole story again* (hehe)
manager: u dont have ur skool id?
me: i 4got it, but it doesnt have my address neways
manager: well i dont kno.. *catches sight of my 2 books sitting on the counter* do u want 2 take those books out??
me: yea..
manager: ok fine. i can give u a card but u have 2 come back in the next couple of days and bring proof of address
me: thats cool but we have a 2 week break so can i come back in 3 weeks and bring it then
him: um what?
me: a 2 week break. can i bring proof after that?
him: ok i'll give u a library card that expires in a week. go back over there 2 that guy
(meanwhile other guy is behind me again and says he has the same situation)

me: hey im back.. he said i can get a card 4 a week.
him: ok fine
me: so what does that mean?
him: that w.i the next week u have 2 bring proof of address
me: but what happens if i dont?
him: um u'll have a permanent block on ur name and u'll never be able to get a library card here again
me: rite. so i told him that i have break now for 2 weeks so i cant possibly bring ne proof. cant u just let me come back in 2 weeks?
him: well u dont need 2
me: ok but then i'll never b able to check out another book rite?
him: rite. unless u bring proof in the next week
me: uch wtvr i dont need a card
him: well its his rule
me: yea but if u can change it from a few days to a week cant u change it to 2 weeks?
him: theres nothing i can do
me: ok fine i dont need a card neways
guy behind me: hhahahahahahhahahahaha
me: hahahhhha
library dude: *sits in all his serious* ok heres a card for ur wallet and 1 for ur keychain
me: yea for the week
guy behind me: hahahahahhhaha
fast forward 10 minutes i'm almost back @ brookdale when i remember i have no id again and im laughing thinking about how im gonna have 2 explain 2 security that i left my id upstairs. as i approach the building i see that there r 4!!! security guards outside the doors and im like great like i can ever slide in there now. but then i just do. i just walk rite between them and go up the elevator. and thats when i said, "bye bye 4 security guards"

thats all 4 now folks. just thought i'd share my humorous experience.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and since when does have an id prove where a package came from? the nypl needs to brush up on their weird rules 4 gettin a card...

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM