Sunday, August 31, 2008

She Works Hard for the Money

I'm thinking this is going to be a weekly blog. Something of that sort. Not a daily blog like it used to be - u know back in the day when life was so carefree and what not. I just dont have time to stop and fill u kids in on whats been happening here that often. Plus i know once i blog rachels gonna come in and blog and no one will even notice. Story of my blogging life. boo rachel.
Anyways, I worked 3 days last week - M,T,W. and i was cancelled Th and F. Mon and Tues were good days at work. Easy, everything happened as usual, nothing out of the ordinary. But wed they put me on a 1:1 and i was not happy cuz i saw that pt mon night and saw who had to be on the 1:1 then and was super thankful it wasnt me but in the end i was stuck with her for 8 hrs. well really for 6 hrs cuz someone else switched with me for the last 2. It was just a lot of work. i prefer 1:1 if its the night shift and the pt is sleeping. u dont really have to do that much, just sit back and read, or do sudoku or something, without being yelled at. thurs and fri i was cancelled but i always have to prepare as if im going in for work - beauty of being prn. so i dont like to stay out late. but u see, rochelle yelled at me the other day for not wanting to stay out and play shes like 'dude, grow up - wait, no, STOP GROWING UP. ur only 21' and she raised an excellent point. but i hate going in to work tired. i mean we r talking about me here, i dont do mornings so waking up at 6 is so not fun and i like to get a good nights sleep so i can function during the day. and its not like i can have caffeine (see all posts during 2006 if u dont know what im talking about) to help me out so my sleep is crucial. but still, what she said really got me thinking that im kinda missing out on life just a lil bit cuz i am supposed to be living. its not like im married or have a family. i shouldnt give myself a 10pm bedtime. omg who am i? what happened to the person who stayed up til 3am every night in school (ok, maybe more like 1ish/2ish) and could sleep in til 12? i miss her. i dont like this getting tired super early. and waking up on my own before 9. its not ok. thats not me. its soooo not me. i dont like this new person. i havent like her all summer. ok, thats not entirely true. cuz secretly when u get up early u have a lot more hrs in the day to get things done. but thats a sidepoint. the point is that im not me anymore. im an adult. and theres nothing i can do to change that.
stupid college degree, ruined everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM