Sunday, June 04, 2006

After Midnight the Ice Cream Melts

So much to discuss yet so lazy to type it all out. I'll go back to Thursday, Erev Shavuot (Holiday of Cheesecake as Hinda puts it). I woke up early cuz I had a lot to do. I set my alarm for 9 I believe but didn't get out of bed till 10 (sounds like school) I then showered and was fixin to go to the market (translation: I was planning on going to Tom Thumb) but I couldn't bring myself to step out of the house. Why you ask, because my eyes were so red that either anyone who saw me would think I was a) on drugs or b) had pink eye. Why were they red you ask, because of my contacts that keep causing them to turn red and I keep wearing them anyways. So, I didn't feel like dealing with the public and my eyes so I called up my mommy and said that I needed to go to the eye doctor stat. So I had an appointment at 3:00. So now it was 12:00 and I had to go manage the candy store (jealous?) and really I was to be there until 3:30 cuz then I had to head back home to cook. But I couldn't stay till 3:30 cuz I had my appointment at 3:00 so now I had to have someone cover for me from 3-3:30. That was fine, the person who was coming after me just came a bit earlier, B"H. So my dad comes (in the beautiful red truck, I look so hot in it) and we get to the eye doctor. We wait about 2 hours until I'm seen. They were backed up. I don't understand how difficult it is to keep on schedule at doctors office. No matter what you sit and wait for at least 15 minutes before being called in. But if for someone reason you showed up 5 minutes late they wouldn't be able to see you anymore, what the monkeys?!?! So ya, 2 hrs later we are finally seen, and by this time my eyes aren't as red as they were in the morning but still aren't looking good. So the Dr (who looks like Steve carell or whatever his name is from the office) looks at my eyes, puts dye drops in them and says that they are angry and gives me a prescription for drops for a week, 4 times a day, and no contacts for a week. Also my eyes weren't producing enough tears. He put strips or paper in my eye and it took forever till my eyes started to tear. Anyways, so the appointment is basically over and the nurse is telling me about the regular eye drops I should use since my eyes are dry and I start to not feel well and totally stop listening to her and say to my dad that I want the keys to the car cuz I wanna leave. So he hands me the keys and I start walking out ahead cuz I just needed to get out of there. My head starts to feel real heavy and things are kinda going black and I cant hear so well around me and I realize I'm about to pass out on the ground so I say to my dad I'm about to pass out and quickly go to sit down and put my head down on my lap. All of a sudden there are 3 nurses surrounding me putting my legs up on a chair, fanning me, and putting wet cool cloths on my head and neck. They are saying how pale I look and asking if I've eaten today. Ok, so I had a cup of chocolate milk at like 10 or 11. And then at 4 I had a few cheez-its, that sounds like enough. So I'm still sitting there and my arms feel real weak and the nurses bring me a bottle of water. Then the doctor comes in and says I need to be lying down so the blood can get back to my head. The nurses then offer to bring me a coke. Man did I want that coke. Let us not forget that I was banned from caffeine over a month ago. Now I was passed out and needed some sugar so this was a desperate situation. Don't think I gave in and had that coke. I was a good girl and said to the nurse to bring me a sprite cuz I cant have caffeine. yada yada, I start to feel better and eventually go home. Oh, so the doctor said that some people pass out from the dye drops especially if they haven't eaten all day. Well how I was supposed to know? So ya, I get home and my mom asks why I didn't go to the store and so I said I passed out and then was relieved of all the work I had to do the rest of the day. But I still made cheesecake cuz I didn't get a chance to make it in the morning cuz I couldn't go to the store cuz my eyes were red so I went to the doctor.... And that was my erev shavuot. So really I have another story or 2 to tell but I just cant write it out now so stay tuned for more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hinda said...

It's FESTIVAL of Cheesecakes. THATS'S how I put it. :)

FIND ME A CHEAP TICKET!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM