Friday, May 26, 2006

what can brown do for YOU?

it is as i expected. its 11am my first day in silversmelly and i am sooo bored. i already went out to breakfast with my sister and drove her back to hillel. but lets review the past couple of days in a short story, or an epic novel. i think perhaps miriam would prefer a short story and not an epic novel.
ok here's the background of my story:
this weekend is memorial day weekend. so my parents planned a long time ago to drive up to NY on sunday and pick me and all my stuff up. however 2 weeks ago we get the info about moving out, and alas, u have to be out of brookdale by 11am today. so theres no sunday option. so then my parents decide that its so expensive with gas to drive up to ny, so rather then coming up the sunday before to take my stuff, they convince me that i am so super responsbile and smart that i can ship my stuff home ups. ok so then i decide to use fedex cuz its cheaper. but thats unimportant. so then tuesday rolls around. i have 1 final left on wednesday and we have roomie dinner. but i decide to start packing. so i buy 20 20 24 boxes, and i have one of jenns 12 12 12 boxes and i start putting my stuff in. now its 11pm and i go to weigh my boxes and we cant lift them onto the scale bc if u put the whole box on it blocks the numbers, and if u put it half on it leans back. so then we tried picking it up and weighing it w. us, but we couldnt. now please dont think i'm a wimp. BC IM NOT. i weighed every girl in mmy suitcases's last year. thats like 70 lbs 84 times. ok? so then i start freaking out bc fedex is impossible online and my boxes are 80lbs. my parents told me my boxes would b like 25 pounds so all together it woudl cost 50 bux to ship. yea not happening. end of story is i am freaking out and i send my dad a txt message to see if he's awake. but hes not. so then i sign up for ups.com and i put in my made up weights and all and it comes out to $150. yea. so then im really flipping. and then it tells me i have to print out my shipping labels. enter problem #40000. not only is my printer put away in a box, but i have no black ink. so we plug in the printer and i figure i can print hte whole thing in blue, whats the big deal. what prints out? shipping labels that look like something u need those 3-D glasses for. like staggered layers of multicolor shipping label. so then danit tries some sort of synchro thing so we can transfer my laptop to some1 elses printer w.o losing the webpage. but that fails. so then we unpack jenns printer and i download the software onto my laptop and we print it out. then i go to sleep @ like almost 2. then @ 530 my dad calls bc he just got up and he thinks i JUST sent him the txt. then its wednesday and i scheduled the pickup for thursday. so thursday rolls around and i scheduled it for 1pm. SHIPMENT READY @ 1PM. ok. so 1145am i go to help danit pack. 12:18pm i look @ my fone and its mysteriously shut itself off. so i freak out. and danit fixes it and we turn it back on and i have a voicemail. GUESS WHO IT WAS? SECURITY @ 1158am telling me that UPS was downstairs waiting for me. so i fly down 12 flights of stairs and i burst into the lobby and they tell me that he already left and that i better have my boxes out by friday @ 11am. thanx a lot woman. so then im trully spazzing. so i call my dad 100 times but he doesnt answer. i send him a txt telling him there is an urgent emergency. o! and side story is that the amtrak on the east coast has no power, and i was supposed to bus it, but now EVERY1 will be bussing it. so then i'm gonna get a ride w. erin. except her daddy is coming @ 2pm, and now its 1230 and who knows if the ups man will come back now that i missed him. so then i call ups and i ARGUE yaaaaaaaay me i was so not melike. and then they tell me they'll try to contact the driver and get him to come back. so end of story is that i yell @ like 20 different ppl and then finally @ 155 when im on the fone w. ups arguing about whether or not he's coming he shows up in all his stony silence. yaaaaay.
im sure more funniness will happen when my boxes dont arrive. but until then, i hope u enjoy my not so funny, but rather strange story. well not so strange either. o no , what if miriam thinks that my story was too boring for the blog? she apparently has a fear of boring blogs.
o well. she can just go enjoy herself in dallas. hmph

2 Comments:

Blogger mirrac said...

yea bc the box itself was o so heavy..

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM