Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Black and White

The day was off to a good start since i got 9 hours of sleep. I was woken up sometime in the morning, I'm thinking before 8 cuz i told my bro to stop in my room before he left. He went to California today to chill with Steve. For some reason i thought he was going for like 2 days but i saw his itinerary on the fridge and he's not coming back til Friday. Poor Farfel is so sad without him. Maybe he'll start liking me more. I woke up i think at 11:48 but I'm not willing to put money on that. I did nothing for an hour. At 1 i watched Days of Our Lives (this is a usual occurrence). Finally i made plans for the day. I called up Yulia. We were going to see a movie but the times didn't work so we have a date for Wednesday. Anyways she was with Rebecca so me and becca ended up making plans to meet up at 3:15 to bake cookies. Story Time!!!
It all started in 9th Grade. We had to raise money for our trip to L.A. (i think) and we didn't just want to sell flowers every week so we (the school) (the school meaning the 9th grade since that was the entire school, all 6 of us? 7? 6. 7? i don't know) decided that each girl would bake something and we'd sell those. So me and becca (becca and i, whatever) decided to team up and chose to make black and white cookies. Since then it has been our little thing that we do at least once every year. We have a whole process. Of course the process changed since the very first time we made it. And we learned after the first time that u don't ice the rounded side u turn the cookies over and ice the flat side. You also don't let the cookies get too brown on the bottom cuz then that can show thru the white side of the black and white cookie. Now the whole thing is perfected. Certain ingredients go in first (i can not go into detail as to what goes in first cuz then u'll know the recipe and that musnt get out to the public). And some things only beccas adds and some things must be added in a certain way. And dough must be eaten. We can always tell who made which cookie cuz beccas always has finger prints and mine are perfectly rounded (shout out to ocd). I always make the icing. Becca always ices the black and ice the white. I'm usually faster only cuz the white icing isn't as thick and doesn't need as much smoothing so it takes less time. The recipe makes 3 dozen cookies (this is after eating dough). After the cookies are done baking the must go into the freezer to cool they then return to the counter where they are flipped over and the icing process begins. This time however the process did not go perfectly. Yulia came over and becca was being lazy and said yulia could ice the black said and i started flipping out. She had no clue what she was doing and was making a mess and i had to walk out of the room. (the cookies yulia messed up were given to her to take home) That started the bad icingness. Becca and her black icing started overpowering the white side and i was yelling at her and she wasn't listening so i had to take action and i took the her black icing that was all over my fingers and wiped it on her face. Bad move. Icing war went into full force. My face was being hit from all sides. Her face was attacked all over including her nose. Then my arm was attacked and then it got in my hair!!! Her face took another harsh attack and yulia sat there videoing it all. Then me and becca teamed up and attacked Yulias face. 3 faces were covered in icing, 2 cookies were damaged, and one really awesome time occurred. Our faces were really itching after the icing hardened. We now know how the cookies feel. We took pictures and washed our faces. It was fun, messy, but fun.
I got back home at 7 and becca came over for a bit. We did nothing, it was quite exciting. I didn't do anything else for the night which i expected since i was so tired for some reason. Then randomly i got this urge to exercise. I know! Me, exercise, so weird! Rachel got the urge too! Don't fight the urge man! I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Last time i ran on the treadmill was during The Finals. That was a looooong time ago. Now it's late and i must go to sleep. Aviva should be coming back tomorrow (bez"H). I wonder how she'll take the whole I'm not going back to NY news....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MAVS.COM